Ad blocking apps

Discussion in 'Android' started by waseem, Jul 2, 2015.

1. waseem

waseem Member

Based on the News that google has removed Ad blocking apps from the play store I figured I'd throw this up so people still can get this great application.I don't know about the other Ad blocking apps but AdAway has been my favorite for a long time due to its functionality and being open source.

Please go to the Developer's Site where you can donate, get the source, and find other ways of installing. It is available from F-Droid as well. The last version in the Google play store was v2.2. I've compiled from source so this is currently version 2.9.1 (latest in source). You can look at the source or the app itself for the changelog.

File any bugs here. This is not a bug thread for the app.

The files below are labeled with a date. Any builds will have all commits through that date included with them. Check the source for what that includes. (It may be hard to visually notice any difference so if you go to about page I added a "Compiled on Date" so you can verify exactly which build date you have installed.)

Dev Build: No Dev Build

The 3.x adaway builds only support 4.1 (JellyBean) or greater android versions. If you have an older version please use the 2.9.2 version.

AdAway v3.0
    (compiled from source on Apr-09-2015, signed and zipaligned)
    Big Thanks to @Lozone for his material design work.

AdAway v2.9.2
    (compiled from source on Oct-13-2014, signed and zipaligned)
    Big Thanks to @DavisNT for his pull requests to make this happen.

Problems? Read this:
    * if you use Chrome and still see ads on web pages, remember to disable the "data saver" or "reduced data usage" browser option
    * check your APN settings for any proxy, the proxy itself could be allowing ads. Disable the proxy.
    * after you install or make any change to AdAway, you must reboot for those changes to take effect

Attached Files:

Taqisyed likes this.
  2. mgz

mgz Member

3. lope

lope Well-Known Member

use adblocker pro
    its very good

4. Fabrizio

Fabrizio Member

5. lope

lope Well-Known Member

adblocker is much better

6. BenjamineDupont

BenjamineDupont Active Member

My deskmate always want to play my phone, but I have many secret photos that I don't want to other see, and oneday I found this applock, and then I have no worries about my privacy. :) Greatest protection for privacy.

7. minigreen

minigreen Active Member

The files below are labeled with a date. Any builds will have all commits through that date included with them. Check the source for what that includes.